Help Making Your Decision
It's normal to be unsure or not know what to do.
You don't have to make this decision by yourself. There are lots of places where you can get help and advice, or just have a chat about what you think is your best option.
- Ask your school. They have to give you impartial advice and will have access to a careers adviser you talk to.
- Talk to your friends and family. They know you and can give you their honest opinion.
- Attend school/college virtual open days, you may get a virtual tour and the opportunity to ask questions.
- Contact the National Careers Service, you can speak to them over the phone on 0800 100 900 or chat with them online. They can offer free careers advice and direct you to links where you can research your career ideas.
- Try some work experience or volunteering to get a feel for different types or areas of work. Although this may be difficult at present.
- Book a telephone appointment with a local Engagement Officer from The Education People's ParticipateKent team:
- North Kent (Dartford, Gravesham and Sevenoaks)
- West Kent (Maidstone, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells)
- East Kent (Canterbury, Swale and Thanet)
- South Kent (Ashford, Dover and Folkestone & Hythe)