If you want to become a fitness instructor then this course could be ideal for you. The course will give you the recognised qualification you will need. You will cover theory, anatomy, physiology, and practical work in areas like exercising to music, resistance training and circuit training. The course will develop your skills, knowledge and competence to plan, teach and evaluate exercise sessions to all ages, unsupervised.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Anatomy and physiology covering the heart and circulatory system, the respiratory system, structure and function of the skeleton, musculoskeletal system, postural and core stability, the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- Employment law, industry specific legislation and procedures that apply to their jobs
- The subsectors that make up the active leisure and learning sector
- An understanding of the principles of customer service
- An understanding of the benefits of a balanced diet and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle
- How to plan and prepare group exercise sessions
- How to programme a variety of safe and effective exercise sessions for a range of clients
- How to instruct a variety of exercise sessions.
Entry requirements are 4 GCSEs at 0-3 or a Level 1 CYQ qualification in a related discipline.