Science and Mathematics
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||GCE A/AS Level or Equivalent
What will I study?
• Development of practical skills in biology
• Foundations in biology (covering cell ultrastructure, movement of molecules, cell division and biological molecules)
• Exchange and transport (covering the ventilation and circulatory systems)
• Biodiversity, evolution and disease
• Communication, homeostasis and energy
• Genetics, evolution and ecosystems
Practical endorsement, where you will be assessed on your competency to conduct a wide variety of practical skills, is integrated throughout both years of the course.
How will it be delivered?
Students will sit externally assessed exams in the summer exam season at the end of both the AS and A-Level years. During the second year, students will also be assessed on their competency in a variety of practical skills. This will be reported separately as a pass/uncredited mark with their exam results.
You will need four GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (including English Language and a B/6 in Mathematics) and Grade B/6 or above in Science and Additional Science or Biology.
Your next steps...
Students who complete this course can go onto a number of University courses which have a biological element. These include animal behaviour, nutrition, sports science and forensics.