Level 2 Technical Qualification in Animal Care (Canterbury)
Agriculture, Horticulture and Animal Care
What will you be working towards?
||Level 2 Technical Qualification in Animal Care (Canterbury)
||Other Regulated/Accredited Qualification
This course is aimed at students who are looking for a career in the animal care industry, whether that be boarding kennels, catteries, pet breeders, training, grooming, animal welfare charities, zoos, wildlife parks, public services or performing animals in film and television. Or looking to progress in to Higher education looking for careers in animal science, veterinary nursing, behaviour and welfare or conservation.
The following are examples of some of the topics students can expect to study within the course:
You will learn:
• Maintain animal health and welfare
• Undertake practical animal feeding
• Maintain animal accommodation
• Undertake work related experience in the land-based industries
• Introduction to the principles and practice of animal behaviour and handling
• Understanding the basic principles of animal biology
• Understand animal breeds and grooming
• Functional skills/GCSE - English and maths
How will it be delivered?
Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, tests and practical observations. Students are encouraged to relate theory to practice in all assessments.
Minimum of 4 GCSEs C - D / 4 - 3 Grade or equivalent (Level 1 Diploma), which must include GCSE in English OR maths A - D / 9 – 3 Grade or equivalent.
Your next steps...
Students can progress onto our Level 3 qualification or into employment.