Good numeracy skills can make your personal and working life easier.
Maths functional skills is practical mathematics for learners which provide essential skills, knowledge and understanding to enable students to function confidently and effectively at work and in their everyday life. Born out of the demand from the CBI, Maths functional skills help learners to use what they have learnt in a practical way to be mathematically functional.
Maths Functional Skills are about developing a skill base which is then transferable to other areas of learning, life and work. This would include things like problem solving, communication, team working and presentation.
We can offer you a nationally recognised certificate at a course level that is right for you, instilling the skills that will enable you to gain the confidence and ability to use maths both at work and at home.
- Working with Numbers (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing)
- Fractions, Decimals, Percentages and Ratios
- Common Measures (Money, Time, Length, Weight, Capacity)
- Shape and Space, Reading Charts, Tables and Graphs.
This is all based around three main stands:
- Representing – identifying problems and choosing the maths needed to solve them.
- Analysing – applying the maths and checking the answers.
- Interpretation – draw conclusions and communicate the results.
No specific entry requirements, all learners will be required to undertake an initial assessment at the start of the course.