K Sports offers 16-19 year old boys and girls a brilliant opportunity to train, play and study at our award-winning facility.
Academy players are given the opportunity to study and train at one of Kent’s most exciting, new sports venues.
With the high-quality facilities available at K Sports, our academy offers a high-quality experience with three focus areas around Education, Employability and Sporting Excellence.
The K Sports Under 19 Academy offers:
• High-quality education with a clear route into University in the UK and USA.
• Opportunities into employment by using relevant work placement through apprenticeships in sports coaching, personal training with our partner links within Kent Sports organisations and primary schools.
• Professional UEFA ‘A’ Licenced Coaching to ensure potential for maximum development and a professional training environment and games programme.
The education offer will depend on the academic levels of each student. The K Sports academic curriculum offer will consist of:
• Sports BTEC L1/L2 Diploma
• Sports BTEC L3 Extended Diploma
• BTEC L3 Certificate in Personal Training
• L3 Physical Education in School Sport (PESS)
• FA Coaching Level One
All students will be taught by subject specialist tutors and where necessary English and maths will be delivered to those who have not achieved GCSE Grade 4 or above. Maths and English will be delivered throughout any qualification.
If students achieve the Sports L3 Extended Diploma to an overall D*D*D* grade they will achieve enough UCAS points to enrol on various sports-based degrees at university.