NVQ level 2 in Beauty Therapy General with additional short courses such as; Indian Head Massage, Nail Art, Face Painting, Gel Polish, Threading.
How will I learn?
This course will be divided into the separate units. Each unit will take a few weeks to complete and will be a mix of theory and practical. We will work through workbooks, power points and text books. Students will work on each other whilst practising and then on outside models for further practise and assessments.
What will I learn?
- How to carry out Waxing Services
- How to develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- How to enhance the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
- How to ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- How to promote additional services or products to customers
- How to provide facial skin care treatment
- To provide manicure services
- To provide pedicure services
- To fulfil salon reception duties
- To provide make-up services
Learners may be required to study towards English and/or Maths. Following a diagnostics, learners will be offered the most appropriate level Functional Skills qualification(s) below:
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English (60350581)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (60350556)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English (60350544)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths (6035060X)
It will be delivered two days a week, 2 hours before lunch for theory and practical and the afternoon for working on models or each other.
Students can then go on to complete a level 3 in beauty if they choose. They could open their own salon, work from home, or work in a salon or spa.
There are no formal entry requirements. However, learners may need to complete an English and/or Maths diagnostic to determine whether they study towards Functional Skills alongside the main qualification.