This suite of qualifications is designed for those who may not have decided upon their vocation or will only be staying at Woodpecker Court for a short period of time. When your placement at Woodpecker Court starts and finishes will determine which of the course(s) you complete, all of them are roll on and off. The suite is ideal for those looking to develop the skills required to gain employment.
How will I learn?
Students will be taught in classrooms as well as in workshops and the great outdoors.
What will I learn?
The qualifications within the suite are:
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Employability Skills (60146801)
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Occupational Studies for the Workplace (60110880)
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Developing and Investigating Enterprise Skills (60141438)
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Personal and Social Development (50105917)
Learners may be required to study towards English and/or Maths. Following a diagnostics, learners will be offered the most appropriate level Functional Skills qualification(s) below:
Level 1 Functional Skills in English (60350581)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (60350556)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English (60350544)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths (6035060X)
These qualifications aim to develop or confirm skills and knowledge of those who aspire to be employed by:
- developing and enhancing skills required for the working environment
- developing students’ confidence for employment and motivation
- improving communication skills and personal effectiveness
- becoming more enterprising within education, life and work.
- providing a basis for further study
- developing their personal and social skills to have them formally recognised
- building up their achievements in a way which is appropriate and meaningful for them.
The objectives of this qualification are to help students to make informed choices about their next steps.
There are no formal entry requirements. However, learners may need to complete an English and/or Maths diagnostic to determine whether they study towards Functional Skills alongside the main qualification.