At SupaJam, we teach the Level 1 Diploma for Music Practitioners in a structured yet informal teaching environment, that successfully builds self-esteem, aspiration and a desire to learn in our young people.
This modular, full-time programme appeals to a wide variety of young people and provides a comprehensive understanding of the music industry and its constituent parts, translating seamlessly across a variety of other industries.
The Level 1 Diploma for Music Practitioners course is available at our Swanley and Canterbury locations and is a 1-year course with three days attendance per week. Students will be expected to attend all 3 days from 10am-5pm.
A selection of modules covered include:
- Studio Audio Mastering: Mixing and mastering given audio tracks for a finished product.
- Remixing and Production: Producing two contrasting remixes of a given piece of music.
- Music Marketing and Promotion: How to get your key selling points across to customers.
- Understanding Event Health and Safety: Understanding the importance of health and safety at live music events.
- Organising a Music Event: Organising a live music event that makes a profit.
- Live Sound Engineering: How to record and mix musicians in the recording studio.
- Composing Lyrics: Writing your own original lyrics to a song.
- Sound Recording: Plan and create a multi-track recording of an ensemble of at least four instruments or voices.
- Setting Up a Music Business: Identifying common traits of characteristics of entrepreneurs and evaluate your own abilities, skills and traits. Following this, you will develop a business idea and an action plan.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS / GCSEs
Learners may be required to study towards English and/or Maths. For those learners that have previously sat GCSE's but achieved below a grade 3, they will be offered the most appropriate level Functional Skills qualification(s) below following a diagnotstic:
- Entry Level 1 Functional Skills in English (60350593)
- Entry Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (6035057X)
- Entry Level 2 Functional Skills in English (60350568)
- Entry Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths (60350532)
- Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in English (60350520)
- Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in Maths (60350611)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English (60350581)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (60350556)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English (60350544)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths (6035060X)
For those learners that achieved a grade 3 may be offered the opportunity to retake English and/or Maths GCSE:
- GCSE in English Language (60148366)
- GCSE in Mathematics (60147003)
There are no formal entry requirements. However, learners may need to complete an English and/or Maths diagnostic to determine if they are more suitably placed at Level 2.