At SupaJam, we teach the Level 2 Diploma for Music Practitioners in a structured yet informal teaching environment, that successfully builds self-esteem, aspiration and a desire to learn in our young people.
This modular, full-time programme appeals to a wide variety of young people and provides a comprehensive understanding of the music industry and its constituent parts, translating seamlessly across a variety of other industries.
The Level 2 Diploma for Music Practitioners course is available at our Swanley and Canterbury locations and is a 1-year course with three days attendance per week. Students will be expected to attend all 3 days from 10am - 5pm.
A selection of modules covered include:
Studio Audio Mastering: Mixing and mastering given audio tracks for a finished product.
- Remixing and Production: Producing two contrasting remixes of a given piece of music.
- Music Marketing and Promotion: How to get your key selling points across to customers.
- Understanding Event Health and Safety: Understanding the importance of health and safety at live music events.
- Organising a Music Event: Organising a live music event that makes a profit.
- Live Sound Engineering: How to record and mix musicians in the recording studio.
- Composing Lyrics: Writing your own original lyrics to a song.
- Sound Recording: Plan and create a multi-track recording of an ensemble of at least four instruments or voices.
- Setting Up a Music Business: Identifying common traits of characteristics of entrepreneurs and evaluate your own abilities, skills and traits. Following this, you will develop a business idea and an action plan.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS / GCSEs
Learners may be required to study towards English and/or Maths. For those learners that have previously achieved below a grade 3, they will be offered the most appropriate level Functional Skills qualification(s) below following a diagnostic:
Entry Level 1 Functional Skills in English (60350593)
- Entry Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (6035057X)
- Entry Level 2 Functional Skills in English (60350568)
- Entry Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths (60350532)
- Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in English (60350520)
- Entry Level 3 Functional Skills in Maths (60350611)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English (60350581)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths (60350556)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English (60350544)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths (6035060X)
For those learners that achieved a grade 3, they may be offered the opportunity to retake English and/or Maths GCSE:
GCSE in English Language (60148366)
- GCSE in Mathematics (60147003)
There are no formal entry requirements. However, learners should have previously completed an appropriate level course prior to joining SupaJam and may need to complete an English and/or Maths diagnostic. Please do contact us first if you would would like to discuss which level would be most appropriate.