At SupaJam, we teach the Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners in a structured yet informal teaching environment, that successfully builds self-esteem, aspiration and a desire to learn in our young people.
This modular, full-time programme appeals to a wide variety of young people and provides a comprehensive understanding of the music industry and its constituent parts, translating seamlessly across a variety of other industries. It can also provided enough credits for students to progress onto university.
The Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners course is available only at our Swanley location and is a 2-year course with four days attendance per week. Students will be expected to attend all 4 days from 10am - 5pm.
A selection of modules covered include:
- Studio Audio Mastering: Mixing and mastering given audio tracks for a finished product.
- Remixing and Production: Producing two contrasting remixes of a given piece of music.
- Music Marketing and Promotion: How to get your key selling points across to customers.
- Understanding Event Health and Safety: Understanding the importance of health and safety at live music events.
- Organising a Music Event: Organising a live music event that makes a profit.
- Live Sound Engineering: How to record and mix musicians in the recording studio.
- Composing Lyrics: Writing your own original lyrics to a song.
- Sound Recording: Plan and create a multi-track recording of an ensemble of at least four instruments or voices.
- Setting Up a Music Business: Identifying common traits of characteristics of entrepreneurs and evaluate your own abilities, skills and traits. Following this, you will develop a business idea and an action plan.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS / GCSEs
Learners may be required to study towards English and/or Maths, depending on prior achievements. For those learners that have not yet achieved an appropriate qualification at level 2 in English Language and Maths (i.e. GCSE grade 4 or above or Functional Skills Level 2), there will be a requirement to undertake these subjects alongside the Level 3 Extended Diploma.
Learners must have achieved or be working towards a Level 2 (or equivalent) in English and have achieved either a Merit or in their Level 2 or an appropriate Level 2 qualification from their previous school/college in order to enrol onto Level 3. Please contact us for more information about our entry requirements for the Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners course.