This course aims to help young people make informed and confident decisions about their finances. In year 1, students will gain knowledge about the concept of “money”, develop understanding of the typical financial needs and the range of services available.
Additionally students will be able to gain an awareness of risk and reward and the overall scope of the financial services industry. In year 2 students then apply this to a broader financial environment. In depth studies into various financial products extends students awareness of the financial environment in which they live.
Certificate (CeFS / Year 1)
- Financial Needs
- Financial Service Products
- Awareness and Appreciation of Risk and Reward
- Role of Financial Services Industry
Diploma (DipFS / Year 2)
- Personal Financial Planning
- Financial Service Prospective
- Current Accounts, Credit Cards, Loans, Stocks and Shares
- Insurance products and pensions