Physical Education A Level

Leisure, Travel and Tourism

Leisure, Travel and Tourism
Leisure, Travel and Tourism
We are only accepting one application per candidate.

What will you be working towards?

Code NULL
Qualification Type GCE A/AS Level or Equivalent
Qualification Level Level 3
Course type Full Time

Overview

The sports industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in society. You only have to look at the rise of performance analysis in elite sport or at the growth of the Olympic and Paralympic movements to see that with the right qualifications and a passion for sport, there are a huge number of exciting opportunities open to talented young people. A Level PE represents the first steps towards these opportunities. Physical education lends itself to a range of careers in sports and fitness as well as other industries that you may not have considered before. For example, did you know that many nutritionists, physical therapists and chiropractors have a degree in PE? 

Details

The course is broken down into two sections at A Level which include the theory of sport and the practical aspects that ensure success in sport. The theory component is worth 70% over two papers. Students will study factors affecting participation in physical activity in sport and factors affecting the optimal performance in physical activity and sport. The remaining 30% based on practical performance or coaching in one practical activity.  

Entry requirements

Grade 6 in Biology or Additional Science at GCSE level is necessary to be able to access the Biology content of this course. Students should be advised that they will be expected to pursue a particular sport which will form part of the course assessment at A level.

Your next steps...