Health and Social Care
BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (equivalent of 2 A Levels)
Students are able to take Health and Social Care as a double option. By taking the double option you will achieve a BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Health and Social which is the equivalent of 2 Level Three Qualifications.
The topics studied vary according to the specific course with differing assessment types and weighting. Learners of both courses will study units covering topics including:
• Human Lifespan Development – examined
• Working in Health and Social Care - examined
• Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs – coursework
• Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs - coursework
The Diploma (Health & Social Double) learners will also study:
• Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care – externally set task
• Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care – coursework
• Promoting Public Health – coursework
• Work Experience in Health and Social Care – coursework with compulsory placement hours
General entry minimum requirements to study three Level 3 qualifications for Hillview Sixth Form are Grade 4 in both English and Maths together with 3 other GCSE grades at Grade 4 or above.
Any students meeting the above criteria is eligible for this course.
Students can progress into both
employment and further study in all types of care – social, health, child or public services. In the past, Hillview students have elected to study Child, Mental and Adult Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedical Science, Youth Work, Social Work, Primary School Teaching, Forensic Science, Child Studies, Human Resource and many other interesting courses at university.