This is an exciting holistic course running over two years, The course programme includes: theory lessons - practical workshops – project work. All equipment and consumables are provided during the course. Students are expected to buy a Beauty Tunic which must be worn with black trousers and black covered in shoes for every practical lesson
you will be studying the following units:
- Health & Safety – Understanding the importance of this within the industry.
- Personal Health & Wellbeing – Including nutrition and fitness.
- Anatomy & Physiology – The understanding of all the systems of the body and how they work.
- Body Massage – Practical and theory.
- Exploring Alternative and Complementary Therapies – Independent research and project work.
- Aromatherapy – Practical and theory.
- Indian Head massage – Practical and theory.
- Hot Stone Massage – Practical and theory
All students needs to complete practical assessments as well as multiple choice written papers to gain the full certificate.
3 GCSE grades at 9 to 4 or equivalent, including English Language
The qualification can lead to employment within a Beauty Salon, Spa or Leisure Centre. Students can choose to develop their career and progress onto others areas such as Physiotherapy – Osteopathy – Sports massage – Homeopathy – Nutritional Adviser – Hypnotherapist, to name but a few.