This qualification is designed for learners who are interested in an introduction to the study of creating IT systems to manage and share information, alongside other fields of study, with a view to progressing to a wide range of higher education courses, not necessarily in IT. Equivalent in size to one A Level. Achievement in the qualification requires a demonstration of depth of study in each unit, assured acquisition of a range of practical skills required for employment or progression to HE, and successful development of transferable skills.
You will study 4 units of which 3 are mandatory and 1 is optional.
- Information Technology Systems - Learners study the role of computer systems and the implications of their use in personal and professional situations.
- Creating Systems to Manage Information - Learners study the design, creation, testing and evaluation of a relational database system to manage information.
- Using Social Media in Business - Learners explore how businesses use social media to promote their products and services. Learners also implement social media activities in a business to meet requirements.
- Data Modelling – Learners study how data modelling can be used to solve problems. They will design and implement a data model to meet client requirements.
- Website Development – Learners investigate website development principles. They will design and develop a website using scripting languages.
Combination of coursework assignments and end of year examinations.
5 GSCE grades at 4 or above including English and Maths. A grage 5 in Computer Science or a PASS in a vocational ICT course.