RSL Subsidiary Diploma for Music Practitioners - Equivalent to 1.5 A Levels
These courses allows students to choose a pathway in Music (Music Performance or Music Technology) and focuses on recognition of achievement through practical musical skills, and production skills.
Students will be expected to organise and take part in events outside of lessons, including coffee mornings/ open mic nights and this will help them complete their units.
Learners apply a range of key skills, knowledge and understanding and work independently in preparation for employment/further study. This course runs side-by-side the Music Performance course, with 2 common units.
Common units covered include:
- 353 Music Event Management
349 Planning For A Career In Music
Performance units include:
- 385 Improving Instrumental Performance
- 365 Auditioning for Music
- 387 Rehearsal Skills and Live Music - externally assessed
Technology units include:
- 366 Music Sequencing and Production
- 372 Studio Audio Mastering
- 326 Understanding Recording Studio Design
- 388 Live Sound Recording and Sound - externally assessed
Units are awarded Pass, Merit or Distinction against given criteria.
Grade 4+ in 5 GCSEs
BTEC Music/Performing Arts or equivalent
Demonstration of Technical Studio Skills, Live Sound, Sequencing and Recording Techniques