BTEC Level 3 qualifications that are designed to provide specialist work-related qualifications in a range of sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare them for employment.
The qualifications also provide career development opportunities for those already in work. Consequently, they can provide a course of study for full-time or part-time learners in schools, colleges and training centres
The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been developed in the IT sector to:
● Give education and training for IT employees
● Give IT employees opportunities to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 vocationally specific qualification
● Give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the IT sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing and Systems Development
● Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
• Communication and Employability Skills for IT
• Computer Systems
• Information Systems
Students applying for Level 3 qualifications need a minimum of 5 GCSE or equivalent passes at Band 4 and above including English and Maths.