A LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHY
AS: This is a one year course, normally taken in Year 12. Consists of 2 Units
A2: This is a two year course in which students complete the AS course in Year 12 followed by two further Units.
40% externally set assignments
AS: 1 Unit of coursework
1 Unit responding to an externally set assignment culminating in a controlled assessment lasting 8 hours
In addition A2 students will complete
A2: 1 Unit of coursework - including a personal study of 1000-3000 words
1 Unit responding to an externally set assignments culminating in a controlled assessment lasting 12 hours
All Units are internally assessed by Academy staff and moderated by the exam board by sample.
Photographers normally specialise in one or more of the following specific areas:
- Advertising or editorial
- General or high street
- Press or photojournalism (including Sports)
- Industrial or commercial
Students will require
- 5 GCSE's at C grade or above.
- A portfolio of photographs demonstrating a growing aptitude and interest in photography will also be required on entry.
Students could also have achieved either:
- Distinction-Merit in BTEC 1st Art and Design
- Grade A*-B in GCSE Art and Design