The Marsh Academy aims to be offering a Rugby Pathway for students aged 16-18 as part of our provision at Post 16. The programme offers serious aspirations of playing, coaching and refereeing rugby at higher levels with links to clubs at all levels of rugby.
The students are also able to choose from a wide range of academic & vocational subjects ranging from A Levels & BTEC Level 3 courses. This pathway allows all scholars a wide range choice of subjects, whilst still being able to be part of the Rugby Academy programme.
Our outstanding enrichment programme allows our students unique opportunities to experience the lifestyles of a professional rugby. These experiences include:
• A behind the scenes tour of Harlequins training facility;
• The use of Harlequins training facilities;
• Pre-Season tours against other development teams;
• Training sessions delivered by Harlequins coaches;
• Residential at Tonbridge school with use of professional academy facilities;
• Assessment by level 2 and 3 coaches;
• Unique & Bespoke Harlequins Academy leisure & training wear;
• Access to Professional Physiotherapy;
• Access to Professional strength and conditioning coaches;
• Expert advice from Elite Sports Nutritionists;
• Work experience opportunities within Professional rugby clubs;
• Level 2 “Gym Instructors” course;
• Scrum Factory and Rugby Ready course in preparation for Rugby Coaching Award.
Rugby trials will be held to determine suitability.