This course will enable you to:
- Develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of the sport and active leisure sector
- Develop a range of technical skills and attributes which will support a career in sport and active leisure
- Develop academic and study skills that will support future education choices
The course will give you an insight into the different occupational routes you can take within the sector as well as help you progress into employment or move onto further study.
This course requires a number of mandatory units to be completed together with optional units selected by the PE department.
Mandatory units for the single option:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
Some of the assessment will be through coursework elements, whilst other elements will be externally examined with onscreen and written tests. Coursework is usually in the form of essays, presentations, leaflets and video analysis.
Students will require a minimum of five A*-C/9-4 grades at GCSE, including English and Mathematics. Students should have GCSE PE at grade 5, or a Merit for BTEC Sport Level 2.
This course will enable you to access higher education and pursue a career in teaching, sports coaching, armed forces, physiotherapy, gym instructor and sports based industry professions.