This is a two year course: Higher Level is the equivalent of one A level and Standard Level is the equivalent of one half A level. This can be taken in a combination with other level 3 courses (including A level, IB and vocational).
If taken in one of the following three combinations, then students will be enrolled on the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme (IBCP).
- One vocational course + two Higher Level IB courses.
- One vocational course + one A level + two IB courses at any level.
- Two vocational courses + two IB courses at any level.
Completing the IBCP will allow students to gain extra UCAS points through the reflective project.
Unit 1: Music perception:
Study, analysis and examination, comparing and contrasting of musical cultures
Unit 2 (internal assessment)
Internal assessment consists of:
- Creating: The development of creative skills through exploration, control and development of musical elements. The following options are available: composing, music technology composing, arranging, improvising, stylistic techniques.
- Solo performing: The development of performance skills through solo music making.
GCSE music: grade 5 or above OR BTEC music: Merit grade