Unit 1 – Financial Capability for the Immediate and Short Term
Students will gain an appreciation of why money is important through focusing on what money is, attitudes to it, and how it can affect life choices.
Unit 2 – Financial Capability for the Medium and Long Term
Students will gain the ability to plan and manage their financial needs in the medium and long-term, with particular reference to the importance of the need to budget for future aspirations and life events.
Unit 3 – Sustainability of Individuals Finances
This unit highlights the importance of financial sustainability for the individual, to enable the development of skills to make sure that the individuals financial education is sustained over a long period of time.
Unit 4 – Sustainability of Financial Services System
This unit explores the financial services system and looks at how financial services providers work and compete with one another.
Key Skills Developed
• analyse financial information, financial services products and services and begin to make judgements about suitability for people in different circumstances;
• develop an understanding of financial concepts and terminology to enhance financial literacy;
• analyse, synthesise, evaluate and reflect;
• demonstrate numeracy skills, including the ability to manipulate financial and other numerical data to reflect the conceptual activity of financial maths;
• select appropriate data and information to make arguments;
• structure and communicate ideas logically and coherently;
• increase their ability to work and learn independently.
There is no prior knowledge for this course. However students are expected to have a 4 in Mathematics and English.