boy on ipad local offer

Applying for a Sixth Form or College Place with an Education Health and Care (EHC) Plan

If you have an EHC plan, you do not need to apply for a sixth form or college place.

As part of your phase transfer review meeting in year 10, a member of the SEND service will discuss which sixth form or college you would like to attend. Once your choices have been reviewed and submitted, the SEND service will speak with your chosen education setting and alternative options to see if they can support your needs.

The service will then name and issue your amended final EHC plan by 31 March before you start in September.

Support for Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)

If you have special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND) did you know that you the SEND information hub can provide you with information, advice and support for your future?

The SEND information hub's young people section has been created in partnership with local headteachers, Kent Choices, CXK and you! It includes support for your future:

  • Education - find out what options are available after you turn 16, including sixth form, college and further education.
  • Employment - learn about apprenticeships, supported employment, internships, work experience and volunteering opportunities.

As well as the above, it also has lots of helpful support to live independently and getting involved in your local community.

Support for young people with special educational needs and disabilities