Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys
Welcome to Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys
We shall be holding an Information Evening for external students on Thursday 14th November 2019 at 6.45pm for a 7.00pm start.
Our Open Evening will be held at Thursday 6th February 2020 at 7.00pm and will include a tour of the school along with various talks from subject leaders, Heads of School and Sixth Form.
Did you know....?
1. there are 500 students in our Sixth Form - more than half of them joined the Langton after Year 11
2. We have the same strategy as Google - 20% beyond the core curriculum
3. We are the only school in the world with a licence to modify the human gene
4. We have Elite Sports programmes in 6 sports
5. We sent a science project into space and are now receiving data from it.
6. 59% of students gained places at one of the top 20 Universities
7. You could join the Sixth Form at the Langton
The standard curriculum at the Langton is 4 subjects and our History of Ideas Course in year 12, followed by 3 or 4 A levels and an Extended Project (EPQ) in year 13.
We have two full time members of staff providing additional educational needs support for Sixth Formers and a dedicated study room for them to use.
There are 24 Sixth Form tutors and a Sixth Form Management Team. In addition, there are 5 memebers of staff with responsibility for advice and support in University applications, include Oxbridge and Biomedicine.
What makes us different?
• Sports Hall, Fitness Room and 5 sports pitches, including a new floodlit 3G pitch
• Swimming pool and Climbing Wall
• Large Sixth Form Common Room and designated Sixth Form Cafe
• Four Sixth Form Study areas
Summary of Results 2019
Number of Students
Overall pass rate of all entries
Please check out our website for our updated Prospectus which includes % subject pass rates.
How to apply:
Please apply using the following link:- https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/college-sixth-form-employment-and-training
Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Devereux if you need any assistance.