Hello and welcome to The Trust Sixth Form at Cornwallis Academy. We are proud to offer fantastic opportunities for our students to study and further their skills with excellent and innovative teaching in state of the art facilities, thereby enabling them to gain the qualifications and experiences for them to access university, further education and the careers of their choice. We offer Sixth Form places to our successful year 11 students from Cornwallis Academy and New Line Learning Academy as well as some recommended external students.
We offer a wide range of academic and vocational courses at level 3 alongside an academic tutorial mentoring programme and ethos that offers guidance for students in study skills, vocational and careers advice, financial management and higher education. We have a bespoke careers curriculum which includes individual and group information and guidance, support with personal statements, interview practice and visits to universities and workplaces man- aged by our in-house careers information and guidance service
The Trust Sixth Form at Cornwallis Academy is focused on providing a relevant, engaging and ambitious curriculum to all Post 16 students with the focus on preparing students for onward route ways wherever their future ambitions lie. The Level 3 study offer comprises of Academic A levels along with Technical and Applied Vocational courses with study being matched to student’s needs, ambitions and future pathways.
We believe in empowering our students to develop and grow in a structured, nurturing, environment ensuring that they achieve their academic potential and flourish as responsible young adults; who are ready to take their next steps in education or the world of work and to make a positive contribution to our community.
What makes us different?
• State-of-the-art, modern environment with purposefully designed rooms for specialist subjects such as art, science and performing arts
• A unique approach to learning and an innovative, engaging curriculum praised by Ofsted
• Exceptional sports facilities, both indoor and outdoor
• Performing arts theatre
• Over 40 extra-curricular clubs
• Specialist Sixth Form areas with a coffee shop
• Dedicated pastoral and support staff for Sixth Form students
• Careers Information and Guidance provision offering careers and work related learning opportunities
• Good local employer relationships offering work experience opportunities and support with studies for students