Do you have any questions about the course?
- Mrs Angeline Hollinshead
Gym Instructing and Personal Training (Practitioner) Level 3 Diploma YEAR 14 ONLY
Borough Green Road, Wrotham, Nr. Sevenoaks, KENT, TN15 7RD
Available start dates
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM WROTHAM SCHOOL FOR SEPTEMBER 2024 APPLICATIONS*
Applications Open: - 1 November 2023
Applications Close: - August 2024
Entry Requirements: - 5 GCSEs at a grade 4 or higher, then specific entry requirements for each subject.
How to Apply: Please apply via KentChoices
For any other information & enquiries please contact Miss Elliott on email@example.com
Open Event: - 5 October 2023. There is a booking system we need you to book onto for a ticket, please see our website for more details.
This is a one-year programme that is only available to students who are 18 on 31st August 2022 and would like to study part-time at school for an additional year (Year 14) in order to achieve a professional qualification in personal training.
Passing this course will result in 32 UCAS points that can be used towards university and apprenticeship applications.
This qualification is aimed at learners wishing to become a personal trainer, but do not already hold the pre-requisite of a Level 2 Gym Instructing qualification.
Overview of knowledge, skills and understanding:
- Anatomy and Physiology required when exercise programming and design for a range of clients
- Importance of professionalism, customer service, effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of commonly occurring medically controlled diseases and health conditions
- Health and safety requirements for the exercise environment
- How to gather and analyse client information and establish their current health and fitness status
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
- How to design and deliver a health and fitness programme suitable to an individual’s specific goals and level of fitness
- How to plan and conduct physical activity sessions within a variety of environments
- How to provide nutritional advice for physical activity based on a client’s needs
- How to prepare for employment, as a personal trainer, on either an employed or self-employed basis
YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training (Practitioner) is assessed through internal and external assessment:
- Learner Assessment Record
- Assessment Workbook
- Multiple Choice Theory paper (external)
- Practical examination
- Portfolio of evidence
Grade 4 or above in English and mathematics at GCSE.
We are able to offer a fully funded programme for students aged 16-19 years old to gain internationally recognised qualifications within the Health and Fitness Sector. These qualifications can be used to enter directly into the working industry either employed or self-employed, or used to gain access into higher education.
- Highest recognised qualification within the Health and Fitness Sector
- Nationally and Internationally recognised
- Endorsed by SkillsActive
- Endorsed by CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity)
- Recognised by REP (Register of Exercise Professionals)
For more courses like this, check our courses page.