The Education People’s Specialist Employment Service offer a range of services to support individuals who may be facing barriers to gain and sustain paid employment.
They work with businesses, offering free training and support within the workplace, which reduces recruitment costs and improves retention. The scope of support available includes:
- advice on alternative recruitment methods that support inclusion
- ‘Disability Confident’ training sessions
- inclusive recruitment sessions for HR professionals
- assistance with filling vacancies
- advice and guidance on reasonable adjustments
- assessing and validating ‘Disability Confident’ self-assessment paperwork
- guidance on become a more inclusive employer.
Hear From Employers
The Department for Work and Pensions Disability Confident scheme helps employers and business to recruit great people or retain an employee who has developed a disability. The scheme can assist you to become a more inclusive employer that has a with a better understanding about the changing needs of the community.
The scheme has 3 levels designed to assist companies on their journey supporting diversity and inclusion, they are:
- Level 1: Disability Confident Committed
- Level 2: Disability Confident Employer
- Level 3: Disability Confident Leader
Becoming a Disability Confident Leader will benefit your business by:
- ensuring that your business fully support diversity and inclusion
- demonstrating you are committed to equality
- showing customers and other businesses that you are a trusted member in your industry
- assisting you to recruit from a wider pool of available talent
- providing you with high-quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- improving employee morale and commitment by demonstrating fair treatment.