KentChoices is run by The Education People's Skills and Employability service on behalf of Kent County Council.
The purpose of our employer engagement is to collaborate with local businesses to help them build effective, sustainable relationships with education providers that enhance skills development, career aspirations and outcomes for Kent young people and adults with a disability or barrier to employment.
We aim to:
- increase the number of employment and training opportunities for all;
- ensure young people have access to informed careers guidance, opportunities, and workplace experiences, especially at points of transition;
- help employers become 'Disability Confident' and ensure adults with a disability or disadvantage can have access to a supported introduction to the workplace;
- help local businesses engage with their future talent pipeline and
- ensure skills development and training are aligned with the requirements of the local economy.
Quality employer engagement is vital to a young person's journey through school as it helps them to make more informed decisions about their future.
Did You Know?
'Young people with 4 or more work experience-type activities under their belt are 5 times less likely to be not in education, employment or training,'. (Not Just Making Tea… Reinventing Work Experience [GOV.UK])
How You Can Help
There are a number of ways you can support us in our mission to raise career aspirations and improve outcomes for the future workforce across Kent and Medway. Click the buttons below to find out how.