Encounters with employers and employees - Every pupil should have multiple opportunities to learn from employers about work, employment and the skills that are valued in the workplace. This can be through a range of enrichment activities including visiting speakers, mentoring and enterprise schemes.
Students should experience multiple meaningful encounters with employers that measurably develop relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours that improve their ability to make aspirational and informed decisions, make effective transitions and develop their 'career readiness'.
Please Note: we are continually developing these pages, please Get In Touch if links are not working or you have any ideas to help us improve the site.
- Ambassadors available to speak about careers in hospitality, leisure and tourism.
- Register for free monthly online talks from creative industry professionals and watch previous recordings.
- Speakers/volunteer role models available from all industries to attend your careers activities with a searchable tool to find local volunteers. Maths4Girls and Sustainable Futures role models available to speak about the importance of Maths study and roles in Sustainability for young people.
- Volunteer ambassadors from all industries to attend your careers activities.
- Speakers, competitions and workshops in school to explore careers in engineering.
- Speakers/volunteers for your career activities within lessons and recorded talks from high-achieving professionals from many different industries.
- STEM Ambassadors Hub are available to attend your school to deliver industry talks, pathway discussions and workshops in lessons to students interested in careers in STEM. Canterbury Christ Church University operating as The STEM Hub holds the STEM Learning schools network contract for the Southeast of England.
- Role models to support activities in technology and dispelling stereotypes.
- Ambassadors from the video games industries to support your activities.